Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday

Busy day today.
First we went to a Horse store, which was wonderful. It was a huge store! Mostly English Riding products: bridles, crops, saddles, helmets, horse wraps, blankets, riding clothes as well as care products. I was particularly looking for hoof creme. I found it! The exact same we used to use long time ago at the riding stable. Yippieh. I am so excited. See below a snap shot. They also had some western items:
Marco also outdid himself today for us and cooked us rabbit with dumplings. Later we had cake and coffe, as always around 3 pm.In the evening we visited Uncle Dieter for his birthday. Yes, you guessed right: we ate again, but we ate well: Thuringian bratwurst and Rostbrädel. Paul, I'm sure you expected it: Uncle brought out all his different kinds of bottles of beer, champagne, schnaps, liquor...all for us to "try". I tried my best not to get tipsy while being nice...
He really loved his western shirt with bolo and said he will immediately wear it to work. I am glad that it fits him perfectly.

Aunt Brigitte loved her purse, but of course particularly liked the quilted table runner, which she and Ute (the neighbor) studied closely.

Here's you one for your brain cells:
Check out this English Translation and let me know if you understand
what this means
(someone tried to remember something from their English class many years ago, seems like):
Send me your results! The winner will receive a bar of German Chocolate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beware merging traffic is my guess.
Love your blog, Debbie (Scout's Mom)

Caroline said...

Actually it says to watch for the train signal (there are train tracks that I am not showing here).