Thursday, October 16, 2008

This is how God works

A typical example on how God works:

So, I come back from Germany and have 55 Euros left over. I go to the bank to have them changed back to Dollars. They tell me it would have to equal $150.00 or more for them to change it back. This made me upset because I had planned on using the cash to buy hay.

I go home, mad, and console myself with the thought that I can use the Euros for my next trip.
I tell husband about it and he says I should have been more firm and asked for the manager, telling them that they should have let me know of this policy at time of purchase. At least then, I could have either spent everything during the trip or brought back enough.

Oh, well, I did not want to get all aggrevated, so I dropped the issue....

But God...

Today I come home during my lunch break and I had a message on my AM from the bank, a courtesy call, asking how their service is. I thought "what a coincidence!". I call the lady back and tell her the story. She empathetically passes me to their foreign exchange lady who tells me that there IS NO MINIMUM and the $150.00 is wrong and they should know better. So, she tells me that 55 Euros equals $64.79 and there is a $5.00 fee. So, I think: this is just under 10 bales of hay!
She said she would call the branch and tell them that I am coming.

Whoop-dee-doo, I race back to the branch (only 30 minutes left in my lunch break).
Finally I reach the counter, do my request and after 25 minutes of hassle because they had to call to verify I have $64.79 in cash. Yes, the $5.00 had already been taken out of the originally quoted amount. Blessing No. 2.

10 bales of hay are secured.

So, the lesson from this story:
Don't cause any fuss, because God will handle it for you!

No comments: