I am going to visit my family for my Grand-parents' 60th wedding anniversary. I cannot imagine being married for 60 years. They got married in 1948. Who can remember this year? That's just after the war, no cars, horsebuggies, no TV, no computer, not everyone had a telephone, no running water, no electricity, no washing machine, no drug store, no coffee machine with automatic starter, walking uphill both ways to school in the winter barefoot..those were the days and they stayed husband and wife this long! Admirable.
The actual reason I am going is a mission trip: My family is not saved. They are those people that say they are good enough to make it to heaven, after all they have not killed anyone, stolen anything and they try to be ethically correct. But on the same token Oma (grandma in German) thinks that heaven cannot possibly big enough for all the people that have died since beginning of time. Yep, trying to rationalize Gods Kingdom...it's not gonna work.
They actually have a Baptist Church there. In fact, they are building a huge Baptist Chruch in Leipzig and it's all over the news. Praise God! Open the eyes of Your poeple!
I will take my brothers to the service on Sunday, Oct. 5th. It's a little church by where they live. I am looking forward to it. Wonder what kind of songs they sing, how their worship is, looking forward to meeting the people there.
30 more days...Prepare their hearts, Lord. Let their soil be ready to receive the seed.
2 comments:
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Tell them that. Show it to them. No works...not good enough...none of us can ever be good enough! Thank the Lord it's not by works...the pressure is off...and you could always say, "what do you have to lose if you believe and are right"? You lose nothing and gain everything... and then ask them "what do you have to lose if you don't believe and you are wrong"? You lose everything...and gain nothing. :-)
Awesome. I will immediately highlight this verse. Thank you.
Post a Comment